CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pedestals

I'm at Houston Hospital and Mom is through surgery, She did well and dad and I got sent out of her room so she could start some physical therapy.

She is in no pain thanks to a femoral nerve block .

I haven't decided if I'm coming home tonight or in the morning.

Dad seems really tired, He didn't sleep at all last night and it's showing, so I feel like I need to stay so he can go back to the hotel and get some sleep.

I have always been the child that mom and dad call when they need something and it never has really been an issues but as they get older now I can't help but wonder what the future is going to be like as the age. Even though I have a brother and a sister they especially my sister is never there when we need her so it is going to probably be me and Steve. unless things change

and we all know that things can change in a flash.

Enough ramblings of the brain,

I just wanted to thank God for mom coming through so well and and praise him for the days ahead as she recovers and comes home, ( should be Sat or Sun).

God is good

I listened to new city sermons on the way here ( thanks Keith) and was reminded that we need to minister to others as well as to ourselves. I had never thought about ministering to myself but it makes sense to me now. Well dad is here now and is wanting to take me to dinner and make me go home tonight, see life does have a way of surprising y\you doesn't it. here I am thinking that he wants me to stay. Sort of puts me in less needed place, ( off my pedestal quickly)
So it looks like I will be sleeping in my bed tonight instead of a chair.Sounds good to me

1 comments:

Amy said...

so glad her surgery went well. Hope she gets to come home quickly!

amy